Q: 2012 Kia Sedona - Major gas leaking. Shop said it was the fuel injectors

asked by on September 23, 2017

One night I thought I smelled gas, but wasn't sure it was coming from the vehicle. The next day the vehicle was leaking gas from underneath the front engine......it leaked about 1/8th to 1/4 tank. Had it towed to a service station, they say it's the fuel injectors & perhaps the fuel rails. Say they have to take off the manifold to see the inside injectors, but that'll cost $1000 labor. Need help knowing how much diagnosing the problem should cost & also a ball park figure on repairs. Am willing to change auto shops/ mechanics for someone trustworthy & reliable who can fix my van in a timely manner. I live in Porterville, CA.

Without visually seeing the leak it is hard to know if the fuel rail or injectors are the cause of the fuel leak. The fuel injector seal to the fuel rail may be leaking. If you want another mechanic like one from YourMechanic to look at it then contact them to set an appointment to have it looked at.