The car wont throttle over 2000 rpms it just idles real r...

Q: The car wont throttle over 2000 rpms it just idles real rough i had exhaust unhooked it still would not throttle over 2000 rpms

asked by on September 22, 2017

I can't get the car to throttle over 2000 rpms I had the exhaust unhooked it still did the same thing I have been told it is the catalytic converter it still did it with exhaust unhooked

There can be several possible issues that can cause the loss of power acceleration. The fuel pressure may be low and filter clogged. Have fuel pressure and volume checked. The throttle sensor may be cause and will need to have computer scanned for codes and monitor data in computer to check throttle opening and closing.