Q: What should I replace before getting front end aligned? 2006 Toyota Corolla 140k miles.

asked by on March 25, 2017

Front tires wearing badly on the insides. I Figure needs alignment badly. Before I have it aligned what should I replace? Struts and spring assembly, tie rods etc.? Thanks for any help

Hi there. Before having an alignment performed on your car, check the ball joints, control arm bushings, and the tie rod ends. These items will cause the tires to wander around wearing out the tread fast. If your tires have cupping spots around them, then the shock absorbers are not working and need replaced. If you need further assistance with your tires wearing too much, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.