Q: Coolant thermostat sensor 2008 c300 benz

asked by on October 10, 2016

Hello, my cel came on while I was driving . I checked it at a local autozone and the code read 128 thermostat sensor. The part was 20 bucks . My question is where is the sensor located so I can change it out myself. Also the car just reach 70k miles what maintance should I be looking for to do?. Thank you

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your temperature sensor is going to be located behind the engine on the driver side. You will need to remove the engine cover and you will need a torx bit (30) to remove the sensor. You can find the info for your car on this Mercedes-Benz maintenance booklet. I hope this helps.

As always, if you need help with this issue have one of our professional technicians come help you with a proper diagnostic of your Check Engine Light and help you replace this sensor as necessary.