Q: car turns on but the steering wheel gets stiff.

a few weeks ago my belts came off so i went to buy new ones and put them on but the problem is when ever i turn the car on the battery light turns on and it says "charge"...i believe it has something to with the pulley(i think that's what it's call)also when the car is turn on, the circle thing that the belt goes on seems very loose and i thing it's cause it's missing a bolt and that's what i think i need the timing belt tensioner bolt...but i may be wrong..please help. Thank you.

The belt tension pulley may have lost a bolt that holds it in place may of fell out or left loose. You say you put on the new belt but still have issues with charge light and power steering. You may have a locked up pulley or tensioner? The regular belt does not have any thing to do with the timing belt. I suggest having a mechanic inspect your steering wheel and check your car’s pulleys and belts to determine what exactly is causing the problem.

3. car turns on but the steering wheel gets stiff.