Q: engine struggles turning over and rpm don't move from 0

asked by on May 08, 2017

Yesterday I turned my car on then shut off not even 2 seconds after. Today I hade my car jumped. It turned on. But the Rpms didn't change as I hit the gas afterwords. It'll just hum. I Unplugged the cables then tryed again. Turned it on. It'll stay on or it'll shut back off right away. At first it wants to turn over but it just struggles. Then I hit the gas while as I turned the key over and Hurd loud clicking. Please help. 2004 Infiniti g35 Automatic

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like you have both a stalling issue and difficulty starting but if the car is dying immediately after starting and you keep trying to restart it, that alone will cause the battery to discharge and explain the no start, or hard start condition. I would suggest you request a stalling diagnostic. The responding certified mechanic will first check for diagnostic trouble codes. If no codes have been stored, the mechanic will evaluate the typical causes for immediate stalling which are a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty engine coolant temperature switch/sensor (typically at cold start only), faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. If you request the engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.