Q: Car not starting

My car won't start. I believe it is either the master cylinder or slave cylinder that is causing this problem.

Hello! A slave or master cylinder malfunction will not cause a no start condition. I suspect there may be an issue with the clutch pedal sensor. The sensor is made to disable the vehicle from starting until the clutch is pressed. I suggest that a technician test the clutch pedal sensor by the use of a multimeter. Being that the vehicle wont start, you may benefit from a mobile automotive repair company such as YourMechanic. They will save you a tow to the shop by diagnosing and repairing your vehicle’s no start condition at its location!