Q: The power steering locks up

When I first start the car the power steering works fine, but when I start steering after a minute or so, steering started locking up (did this while stopped). And when I forced to steer it, smoke started coming out from the driver's side and never did found out where its coming from. What can cause this?

Hi there. It sounds like there could be a belt, pulley, or accessory problem. One of these items could be causing your steering concern and the smoke. Are there any visible leaks from the power steering pump? Any leaks from any other components, including valve cover gaskets? Are there any abnormal noises? The answers to these questions may lead us in the right direction to diagnose the concern. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car is hard to steer inspection.