Q: SUV won't move until high RPM

I put a new transmission in my Explorer about 4 years ago never had a problem until just recently I started to go up an incline and all of a sudden the RPMs went to 5000k and now it won't move unless you bring the RPMs past that what could be the issue , any advice will be very appreciated .

Thank you Dan Baldwin

Hi there. Usually when the vehicle is hard to accelerate unless the RPM is high, it’s a clear indicator of a damaged or worn out torque converter. It is also common for an obstruction of transmission fluid to cause issues like this. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to accelerate inspection, so they can determine the precise source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. SUV won't move until high RPM