Q: 1997 Isuzu Rodeo 2WD 2.6L - Where do I pick up signal for an aftermarket tachometer? No factory tach.

I'm trying to wire in an aftermarket tachometer as my manual transmission Rodeo doesn't have one. I have the ground (black), 12v (red) and illumination (white) hooked up and the gauge lights up. I can't seem to figure out where to pick up my "tach" signal. The ignition coil has 2 wires in a plug and the "spark plug" wire going to the distributor. The only other wires coming off my distributor seem to be the crankshaft sensor wires. Will either of these work? I also have read that I can pick up the signal from the fuel injector solenoid wires coming off the ECU. I'd really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer tech assistance on aftermarket part upgrades or installs, as we don’t offer these services to customers. I would recommend that you purchase a repair and service manual manual for your Isuzu as it should have a detailed wiring schematic which might help you locate the correct connections.

3. 1997 Isuzu Rodeo 2WD 2.6L - Where do I pick up signal for an aftermarket tachometer? No factory tach.