Q: Fuel pump not working after sitting

My car was running great, but then I let it sit for a week. Now, when I try to start it, I can't hear the fuel pump relay kick in or the fuel pump prime. I checked and it the fuel pump is also not getting any voltage.

A: If you do not hear the relay click, you may...

If you do not hear the relay click, you may be losing power before the relay or the relay itself could be faulty. I would enlist the help of a technician who is proficient in electrical diagnosis, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with this issue. The first step would be to test the relay for proper function. This can be done by simply switching it with a known working relay of the same type. If the relay is bad, replace the relay. If the relay is good, have the technician test for a loss of power in the wiring before the relay as the relay may not be receiving battery voltage. Once the loss of power source has been determined the correct repair can be made.