Q: Flywheel to torque converter installation

I am replacing the engine in my vehicle 2006 Chrysler 300C 5.7 Hemi all wheel drive. In the process of installing the engine which came out of an 07 Durango and I have already swapped everything over for some reason the flywheel bolts to talk converter not lining up it is the same flywheel that was on the engine I removed in the torque converter was not taken out so they both matched up before it is about 1/8 of an inch offset where the bolts to the flywheel Ohio then where they install on the flywheel what would be the cause?

Hello and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The 2007 Dodge Durango could have had a different transmission. I suggest putting on the old flex plate that was on your old engine onto the newer engine. Then the bolts will align up with your transmission torque converter. Also, I highly recommend replacing the rear main seal on the newer engine that you are putting in since you will have access to it, to prevent any prematurely leaks. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then I recommend getting in touch with a local expert to see if they can guide you through this.

3. Flywheel to torque converter installation