Q: Cooling fans not turning on, resistor looks rusty, connection not burnt, could it be relay or resistor

Fans not turning on

I would definitely recommend replacing the resistor if it looks rusty as this can cause corrosion leading to faulty connections which will in turn interrupt the operation of the cooling fans. I would also suggest checking the power continuity to the relay as well. You may also want to consider having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to perform a cooling system service as a precaution as well.

3. Cooling fans not turning on, resistor looks rusty, connection not burnt, could it be relay or resistor