Q: how to replace window regulator

how do i replace the window regulators on my 2005 mercury grand marquis

You first have to remove door panel. You will have to knock out the center of the 5 rivets holding regulator to door and the 2 rivets holding the regulator to window track using a small pin punch. If you do not knock out the center of rivets then you will have a very hard time drilling them out. Drill out the window rivets first and support the window from falling. Drill and remove remaining 5 rivets holding the regulator on and disconnect motor electrical connection. Remove regulator from door and install new one. Transfer the motor first if the regulator came without a motor. When installing a new regulator, use new rivets or bolts and nuts using red loctite. If you would rather have an expert take care of this for you, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come replace the window regulator at your home or office.