Q: I was told by my mechanic I needed to replace the front left wheel bearing over a month ago, how long can I wait to replace it?

I want to replace the front left wheel bearing on my Audi, but funds are tight. It's been over a month since my mechanic told me it needed replaced. But, how long can I wait before it becomes unsafe to drive without it being replaced? What is the risk of waiting even longer?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2006 Audi A4 Quattro. As the bearing gets noisy, you will notice the noise get louder and you may get to a point of the wheel seizing or wobbling on the highway. Of course, this can lead to very dangerous driving situations, so you will want to have the wheel bearing replacement done sooner than later.

• I was told by my mechanic I needed to replace the front left wheel bearing over a month ago, how long can I wait to replace it?