Restricted Performance message on dashboard

2002 Jaguar XK8 When I punch accelerator the car stutters. I also get an amber light and message "Restricted Performance". It is throwing codes P0357, P0065, P1230. My friend who knows a lot about cars thinks it is a bad coil pack.
How much to repair my Jag? Thanks

When the controller sees a misfire, it shuts the fuel off to the offending cylinder, hence your "restricted performance" message. Your friend may be right because coil failures are quite common on the Jaguars. P0357 says your failure is on cylinder 7, so you could try swapping that coil to another cylinder to see if the skip moves. If it does, then the coil is the part that you need. The code is for the ignition primary though, so that means your problem could go deeper into the system. The other codes may not be relevant to the misfire, but probably occurred at another occasion. The P0065 is for the idle air assist valve which may not cause performance problems, rather it may mean an inconsistent idle. P01230 is associated with the voltage at the fuel pump relay. That will require checking some power connections. To have your Jaguar more thoroughly checked out, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office and investigate your misfire and recommend a solution.