Q: Clutch not engaging

I recently had my clutch replaced, and my best guess is the slave or master cylinder is faulty. The car originally felt like it might have a little air, but, now, within 24 hrs of picking it up, the pedal will not engage the clutch.

Hi there! It sounds like there may be a a little air left in the clutch hydraulic system. Air in clutch lines will cause the exact scenario you describe. The air will be moved to a different location in the line each time you press the clutch. That is likely whats causing the changing feel of the clutch pedal because of the air being moved around. I have personally seen clutch hydraulics suck in air after a clutch replacement due to the hydraulic lines being a little loose. I suggest bleeding the clutch system and re-tightening the clutch lines. Doing so will likely bring your clutch operation back to a normal feel. I would recommend having a mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, service your non functional clutch.