Q: Ecu problem wanting to make sure

The car starts fine, the mechanic symbol shows up and the engine light. The shifting jerks when putting in gear and the motor doesnt seem to want to shift up from 2nd, so only getting about 40 mph. Thought it was a transmission problem. Took it to the mechanic, no issues with the transmission, he did say they where 19 codes that showed up and then he cleared them and 18 showed back up, i need to know what i am looking at and what i can replace. Any ifo will help, thanks you

You need to have some of the codes like the first three diagnosed using the proper pinpoint tests until a problem is found. You may have an electrical harness short or a cut that is causing all the codes.

Only a thorough test can isolate the failure and you should not replace the ECM unless the pinpoint test says it is the cause.

If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the trouble codes firsthand and help make the necessary repairs.

3. Ecu problem wanting to make sure