Q: I hit a median with the front driver side tire and then my front passenger tire caved in

asked by on July 15, 2017

I hit the median making a left turn with the front drivers side tire. drove a little bit and felt the car pulling to the right. as i was pulling over the front passenger tire caved in

Hello, thank you for writing in. Hitting a curb can cause damage to the tire, rim, and axle. Evaluating the damage on the drivers front tires is the first step. The tire may be damaged. The rim may now be bent or out of round. If so, it needs to be replaced as well. Otherwise, it will wear tires prematurely and cause issues driving. As far as the passenger tire is concerned, the impact would have forced the weight of the vehicle onto that tire. The tire may have popped and simply needs to be replaced. Once the tire has been removed, the front passenger axle and rim can be inspected. For more help with testing contact our service department to schedule an appointment.