Q: What causes Actuator Solenoid Malfunction

I wanted to know if rolling over a dead deer can cause my actuator solenoid failure?

A: It would depend on what actuator solenoid...

Hello.

It would depend on what actuator solenoid you are talking about. If you are talking about a shift solenoid, mounted on the transmission, then it may be possible that it was damaged when you made contact. If the contact was at high speed, or unexpected, then it may also be possible that one of the solenoids was simply damaged due to the high impact. In order to answer your question more accurately I would need to know what solenoid is in question, and what the nature of the impact was, such as the speed and area of contact. Feel free to write back in with more detail, or alternately, if you are having other safety concerns with your vehicle, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to perform a general inspection on your vehicle.