Q: Transmission fluid comes up out of the transmission vent tube attached to the transmission dipstick tube

Transmission fluid comes up out of the transmission vent tube that is attached to the transmission dipstick tube. It's not alot but you can tell where it's coming from. What is causing this ? It's a 2wd transmission

Hi there. Fluid seepage out of the vent tube can sometimes be normal, but can also be caused by overfilling. Has a service been performed recently? Perform a fluid level and condition inspection by having the engine at idle, on a level surface, warmed up engine, and remove the dipstick and cleaning it with a shop towel. Reinsert the dipstick and fully remove to a horizontal position for inspection. Make sure the fluid is not milky, very dark, or has contamination. The level should be in the safe zone marked on the stick.

Have an inspection by a qualified technician determine if any problems truly do exist and provide you with some assurance. YourMechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a transmission leak inspection and can perform a transmission fluid service if needed.

• Transmission fluid comes up out of the transmission vent tube attached to the transmission dipstick tube