Q: I cannot find a computer with the Part #. 1860A799. Can I use another part number that looks the same?

If I cannot find the right engine computer Part #. Can I use another part number that looks the same? I have been looking online for three weeks now, but not finding the right part. My car is Mitsubishi Japan made.

Here are the specs: Initial vehicle identification
VIN JMYSRCY2A8U001656 Make MITSUBISHI

Manufacturer MITSUBISHI Model LANCER Chassis type SEDAN / LIMOUSINE Fuel type PETROL Engine capacity [ccm] 1500 Country of Assembly JAPAN Chassis colour AMETHYST BLACK Chassis colour sample
Version GLS Fuel emission norm EURO2 Gearbox type AUTOMATIC Gearbox 4-SPEED Axle 2WD Fuel consumption [l/100km] 8.87 source:motostat.pl

Hi there. The part number that you have is specific to your vehicle’s computer system. If you are wanting to replace the computer with an aftermarket computer, you can but you will need the computer flashed (programmed) to the VIN on your car. Visit the Weltune Auto Service sight for your computer and information. If you need further assistance with replacing your computer, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I cannot find a computer with the Part #. 1860A799. Can I use another part number that looks the same?