Q: Why does a chime sound when my headlights are on, the engine is off and the driver’s door is open?

Why does a chime sound when my headlights are on, the engine is off and the driver’s door is open?

The reminder system in your Altima is there to help ensure that you don’t forget small but critical things like buckling your seat belt or taking the key out of the ignition when you leave the car. You’ll also hear a chime related to the headlights. If the headlights are on, the engine is off and the driver side door is open, you’ll hear a chime that is designed to warn you not to leave the lights on. Doing so can drain your battery, meaning that the car won’t crank when you come back. Just turn the headlights off and you’re good to go.

3. Why does a chime sound when my headlights are on, the engine is off and the driver’s door is open?