Q: Diesel trucks idles fine but after driving doesnt idle

asked by on October 04, 2017

Idles good when jump strated and can stay on for hours but once i run it and then a few minutes later the fuel filter light turns on and battery light stays on too

You will need to have the charging system and batteries tested to see if you have a defective battery or the charging system is not recharging them. Since you say you jump started engine tells me the batteries were dead and may be batteries or alternator not charging. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and test the system for you to determine failed component.