Q: my beetle burning oil

Hi, i whant to know what is the my oil for this km 208000 viskositet 10w40 or 5w40 ? And why burning oil my car . code motor is AHL 90h.p.Thanks.

The specifications for the engine oil on your vehicle should be on a sticker under the hood. Normally, it is located on the radiator cover, the front of the hood, or on an emission sticker near the firewall. The information I have available to me shows that the 2001 VW 1.9 liter turbo diesel (US spec) could use 5w40 or 10w40, as well as several other oils of a different viscosity. I suggest that you either locate the sticker under the hood, or contact your local Volkswagen service center to determine the correct oil, as it can be extremely detrimental to these engines if you use the incorrect oil.

3. my beetle burning oil