Q: Put the key in the ignition and the car will turn on, but the steering wheel will not turn...Locked in position.

When I pull the key out, I do not hear the "click" that I normally hear that locks the steering wheel. When I open the door, the bell/alarm indicator sounds as if the keys are still in the ignition. I am able to turn the car on, but I cant move the steering. Please help.

It sounds as though the locking pawl is jammed in position. Sometimes that can happen if there is a side force on the steering when the lock is engaged. If the car is parked against a curb, or if the wheel was sharply turned when you shut down, the return force of the wheel could be jamming the lock in place.The answer could be as simple as twisting the wheel in the opposite direction when you turn the key. Try moving the wheel just the slightest bit in one direction or the other, there will be resistance, but you have to hold it so that the force is not on the lock when you turn the key. Then the lock can disengage. If that doesn’t work, then the lock will have to be removed and replaced.You can contact Your Mechanic to have a techniccian come to your home or office and repair your steering lock right on the spot

3. Put the key in the ignition and the car will turn on, but the steering wheel will not turn...Locked in position.