Q: Previous owner had a fender bender in rear driver's side. The Service Parking Assist light is coming on. What do I need to do?

Just bought a 2009 Chevy traverse and I found out it had a been in a wreck in the rear.....my check engine light is on when I bought it and now my service parking assist light is on too.also a little whine in the power steering...should I just cancel my contract and give the car back?

The Parking Assist warning message may simply mean that the sensors in the rear bumper are dirty, covered by a bumper sticker, or they are damaged.

Wipe the sensors with a wet cloth or paper towel. Drive forward at more than 15 mph speed for a mile or so. The warning message should go away if it was a dirty sensor.

If the light stays on, get a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to perform a pre-purchase inspection and check the condition of the entire car.

3. Previous owner had a fender bender in rear driver's side. The Service Parking Assist light is coming on. What do I need to do?