Q: How do you use a mechanical key with a smart key system?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you use a mechanical key with a smart key system?

You push the Release button on the side of the mechanical key and remove the key from the electronic key. Re-insert it to put it back in place. The grooves on the key allow it to insert in only one direction, so if one side doesn’t fit, just turn it over and try again.

Anytime you are finished with the mechanical key, put it back inside the electronic key. Always carry the two parts together. You may need the mechanical key if the battery is dead on the electronic key. If it doesn’t operate correctly, you can always go back to the mechanical key to get inside your vehicle or to operate it.