Q: I tried to recharge my AC and whenever I put the gage in it says 0 I start to recharge it and gage fluctuates and car makes noise

asked by on June 14, 2017

My cars AC has not been working. It takes the air from outside and puts it in my car. I bought a freon kit to do because I read that is what you do. I hooked it up the gauge said 0 I began to do the directions and noticed every 10 seconds my car would make a weird noise and the gauge would go from a number to 0. What could be wrong with my car?

Hi there. It is more than likely that you have either an AC refrigerant leak or that the compressor is damaged. The leak can be caused by damaged low or high pressure hoses, connections or other components that might be cracked. It’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete an AC inspection to locate the source of your problem so the right repairs will be made.