Q: my car wont let me go past 70 mph and jerks if i try to

I am currently on the highway and have been driving for a while. My car occasionally jerks when i try to go past 70 mph. It wont let me go past 70 mph. What is the problem?

You could have a restriction in the fuel supply system but there are other possibilities such as faulty sensor readings on air intake. Among common possibilities for loss of power are throttle body faults (electronic throttle controls, mass airflow sensor, torn air intake hose), worn out spark plugs, faulty fuel pump or restricted fuel system, and large vacuum leaks (including EGR malfunctions, PCV system, leaking intake manifold, leaking EVAP purge valve). A scan tool would be used to look at real time conditions within the engine (particularly fuel trim, etc.) and identify the root cause. If you want these diagnostic tests performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a loss of power inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. my car wont let me go past 70 mph and jerks if i try to