Q: Car wont start 2011 VW CC

Hello. On Putting in the key and trying to start the car, it comes up with a spanner wrench flashing(The engine does not crank). After repeated attempts, the car would start and this issue was random. Now the car would not start at all. I have a picture of the dash when this happens which I am ready to provide.

Hello - first task is to extract the problem code(s). There is a problem with the the engine/transmission setting the "Check Engine" (the wrench symbol), but only the codes will guide you to what specific problem needs attention. Given the sporadic frequency of your "no start" problem, this could be a failing sensor like the crankshaft position sensor, but this is only an educated guess without the problem codes. I would recommend a "Check Engine" inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.