Q: Dirty throttle body code

asked by on February 03, 2016

Service Engine Soon light is on. It also says the engine has a loss of power. The code that came up was for a dirty throttle body. I removed the butterfly part of throttle body and cleaned and reinstalled it, but it still will not throttle up.

Throttle Body Replacement $252.08 - $1797.29 Get a Quote

Hello. There are very few diagnostic trouble codes that point out dirty components, maybe there was a motor control fault or a malfunction with the throttle body valve position sensor. The throttle body specifically is machined within tight limits and should never be disassembled. Electronically controlled throttle bodies are very sensitive, even pushing the valve open with a finger in many cases renders the part useless. Have an experienced mechanic, like the ones we have here at YourMechanic, inspect the the vehicle and have the throttle body replaced if needed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr