Q: Jerking reaction when accelerating

My rpm is a little over 1 when I start it.... I believe its clausing a jerk believe first gear and second. Only when I am driving slow..stop and go....should I have it ilde down??

If your car is producing a jerking reaction as you press the gas pedal when accelerating, you may have a dirty of faulty mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is dirty or faulty, this causes an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. When this is not working properly, you may also notice a strong smell of fuel. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your mass air flow sensor.