Q: Car dies while driving

asked by on August 02, 2017

Honda CR-V dies while driving, when speed goes down it starts shaking and turns off.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle can stall for many reasons. You are going to want to start with the most common causes, or do some further testing. To start, the fuel pump may be going out and robbing the engine of fuel. You can check the fuel pressure at the engine to test the pump. Secondly, test the alternator to make sure it is supplying the vehicle with electrical power. You may also want to scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes to check if it is having any issues the computer has detected (even without a warning light on). From there check for proper spark. For more help contact our service department to schedule an appointment.