Q: TCS light stays on for days, and then comes off for like a week, then comes back on for days again.

What might be the issue?

Hello, thanks for writing in. There are a lot of things that can cause this. Most of the time if the vehicle is running fine it comes on from low brake fluid or a failing wheel speed sensor. If all of the tires do not match it will come on also. I usually start by scanning the computer for codes to see why the computer is turning the light on. The worst thing that it would typically be is a bad module, but that is not as common. If you want to have the TCS system checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

• TCS light stays on for days, and then comes off for like a week, then comes back on for days again.