Q: Door ajar warning and globe light stays on when all doors are shut and car is running 2003 Ford Explorer

asked by on July 12, 2017

Globe light, Door ajar warning & beeping go on and off while driving car with all doors shut including trunk door. This has killed the battery and is making car alarm malfunction some - 2003 Ford Explorer. How can you troubleshoot which door ajar switch/sensor needs to be replaced?

This vehicle has a computer system to scan to get the door data to show what door is showing open. Any one of the doors may be causing the issue. The most common is the drivers door ajar switch since this door gets used most. Have a mechanic scan the system and this will save you from replacing the wrong sensors.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr