Q: Kicks out of reverse but all forward gears work fine.

I have a 95 F150, 302 2wd 5 spd. When I try to back up, If i dont push down the clutch every few seconds it kicks out of reverse. Could have anything to do with the fact that my clutch is going bad and needs replaced (which is the case)? Or is it something else? Gears 1-5 work fine, only issue is reverse. Thanks!

Hi there. This sounds like the bearing on the reverse gear in your transmission has failed and is making the gear wobble around. This causes the shifter to move around and then the gear will make the shifter pop back into neutral. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you troubleshoot your transmission.

3. Kicks out of reverse but all forward gears work fine.