Q: Replaced a fuel module but the fuel gauge still reads empty when I know I have a full tank.

asked by on October 17, 2016

Previous owner changed complete fuel maudule it has a faulty fuel needle on dash when I baught it , so I completely changed the fuel maudule, still fuel needle reads empty where as I know I have a half tank

This may be related to the fuel sending unit in the fuel tank. Your fuel tank has a float type unit that sits inside of it which monitors the fuel level in the tank and transmits this information to the ECU, which then allows this to be displayed in your fuel gauge in the dash. When the sending unit in the tank is not working properly, this will cause inaccurate readings to be displayed as you have noticed. If you need some assistance with getting this fixed, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and replace your fuel tank sending unit as necessary.