Q: What are the front seat belt energy management retractors?

What are the front seat belt energy management retractors?

Your car’s Personal Safety System™ (PSS) is pretty complex and includes quite a few different components. The front seat belt energy management retractors are part of the PSS, and do an important job in the event of an accident. They’re actually responsible for letting the seat belt material pull out slowly from the retractor, which helps to eliminate the possibility of injuries from a belt that won’t move at all. They protect your chest and shoulders during an accident when the pretensioners are activated.

3. What are the front seat belt energy management retractors?