Q: What would cause the AWD to lock up without any indicator lights?

Is there some other concern? I had work done on alternator at the dealership but had to have the car towed to the location. The car drove but with shuttering a low speed tuning. Diagnostics provided a repair shop with no clues. Hyundai dealers staff were perplexed but determined it must be the electronics - not sure what the module was called- but they changed it and the car ran but they warned of possible drivetrain issues. All of this was expensive, $2500! Why would the AWS get activated out of the blue?

A: Hi, thanks for your question. Did the techn...

Hi, thanks for your question. Did the technicians inspect the differential fluid for signs of damage? The vehicle maintenance program lists the differential and transfer case fluid to be inspected at 40,000 miles. You can ask the dealership personnel if there are any recalls or service bulletins regarding the issues you've had. These units can fail prematurely when there are not serviced properly or if the unit is faulty. You may want to ask for a deeper investigation into the matter. Hope this helps and best of luck.