Q: Q: Why does my car overheat at idle

Car overheats at idle or a stop light Car overheats when driving without the heat on Added oil Added transmission fluid

Your car is only three years old and so should not need transmission fluid. If the level was low, you should check to be sure there is not a leak. It’s very easy to overfill the transmission so it would be a good idea to double-check and be sure the level is not above the maximum line when the transmission is hot (no more than fifteen miles of driving).

Overheating at idle can be caused by a low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: Why does my car overheat at idle