Q: Head gasket problem. 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

I'm pretty sure I blew a head gasket. I got a notice for a recall... almost a month after it blew about a oil leak in my engine manifold. Could that have been a reason?

There is no way to know for certain whether or not an oil leak did in fact cause the blown head gasket, however, if this condition did exist, it would be reasonable to assume that it contributed to the blown head gasket problem. Depending on the location of the oil leak in the manifold (assuming we are talking about the intake manifold), this could have caused head gaskets to fail which would definitely help to cause the problem. I would suggest taking it in for the recall work to see if they will replace everything.

3. Head gasket problem. 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix