Q: Steering wheel hard to turn in 2008 Mercedes-Benz ML350

asked by on February 19, 2016

The steering wheel is hard to turn.

Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

In many cases, loss of steering effort can be traced back to a malfunction in the power steering system. The belt, if equipped, may have broken and stopped the function of the system pump. If electronic, the power assist motor may have failed. If you hear a groaning noise while the engine is running and trying to turn, there may be a serious power steering fluid leak. I would have a certified mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, diagnose your steering wheel issue. They will also be able to make the repairs necessary to have your steering turning like normal again.