Q: Engine misfiring

After replacing the battery the computer has relearned the correct idle setting, but now my engine is misfiring. I have cleaned the throttle body but that hasn't helped.

A: You need to scan the engine to see if one p...

You need to scan the engine to see if one particular cylinder is misfiring. Then check the cylinder for a fouled spark plug or plug wire. After this is done, clean the fuel injectors. The injection system injector may be sticking. Also, you should clean off carbon on the engine’s valves and injectors tips. If you need some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our certified technicians can perform these checks and accurately diagnose your misfiring issue firsthand.