I having trouble cranking my car due to a sensor , how mu...

Q: I having trouble cranking my car due to a sensor , how much will it be to replace. altima 2009 nissan

asked by on June 09, 2017

car will not start found out that it is the sensor how much is it to replace?

If the check engine light has illuminated, and the code refers to a sensor, there are quite a few possible repair outcomes. The cost can’t be determined until the code is read and the EXACT fault is identified. Keep in mind, just because a sensor is referred to in a trouble code does NOT mean the sensor itself is bad as you could simply have a loose wire TO the sensor or a bad ground. Consequently, to determine EXACTLY what is wrong, and to estimate the repair cost, you need a diagnostic. The appropriate diagnostic to schedule is a check engine light diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic will use a code scanner to retrieve the specific diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM that have caused the check engine light to illuminate. Using those codes, the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.