Q: Does this vehicle have a steering wheel lock

Wife's truck was hit diagonally in an accident. Steering wheel always locked when key removed. Told insurance company "steering wheel doesn't lock any more". Insurance company said it never did. How can I prove to insurance company it did have lock?

A: Yes, you are recalling correctly. I have ne...

Yes, you are recalling correctly. I have never worked on a car, at least a modern car that did not have a steering wheel lock. I would have your car repaired by a shop or a local YourMechanic technician and have them take lot’s of pictures showing what is broken. Since you are attempting to include this in an existing claim, it would be best if you left the car apart giving the insurance company an opportunity to send someone out to inspect the car themselves. I know this can be an inconvenience, but it is the only sound way to deal with a dispute with an insurance company.

Rest assured, you are correct. You could have the repair done and send them the bill, but this leaves things open to more dispute. Maybe you can call an attorney. I believe there are laws that will support you in this.

One of our mobile technicians can assist you by an inspection of your steering system. Steering columns are one of the more difficult repairs that require some specialized tools. Not to mention they maybe able to help you out with the insurance company.