Q: Van door jammed

asked by on February 05, 2016

The passenger's side sliding door in my van is jammed. It won't open even on manual mode. The dashboard shows the Sliding Door warning light, and the sliding door cable, which pulls the door back and forth, has snapped.

Hello. This is a common problem on this van. Most of the time this occurs when the cable snaps inside of the door. When this occurs it can jam up the door internally making it hard or impossible to open the door. A mechanic would typically need to remove the door panel to inspect the inside of the door for this. It can be difficult to remove the door panel when you cannot open the door which can cause the panel to get damaged. I would get some help from a certified mechanic to determine the cause of the jammed door and make the necessary repairs.