Q: cranks but wont start - 2010 Hyundai Accent

No issues with car...gas tank was empty filled it up...drove 20 miles and stopped at store. Came out and pulled away check engine came on and hardly no take off power. once got going it ran fine but check engine was still on. Stopped again and put gas treatment in thought it was bad gas. i drove another 35 miles and went into a store for 1hr came out and car cranks but wont start. put a diag. comp. P0342 code. cam shaft mod. i replaced and still no start. towed home drained fuel and replaced still no start...but cranks fine.

A: Hello. If the code remained on after the se...

Hello. If the code remained on after the sensor was replaced, then it may be possible that the fault is with the wiring or the ECM. I would verify that the wiring and connector to the sensor are in good shape. If the cam sensor checks out, I would then move on to checking the ignition system for any faults. If the fuel is good, it may be possible that the vehicle is not getting spark, and not starting as a result. For help with this a diagnosis, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to inspect the no-start and assist with repairs.