Q: My oil pump went out on my car and now my engine is knocking. Would it be OK to start it and drive it up on a trailer?

My oil pump went out on my car and now my engine is knocking. Would it be OK to start it and drive it up on a trailer?

Even starting the engine with no oil pump or no oil pressure can damage the internal bearings, crankshaft, and camshafts. When you put it under a load like trying to get it on a trailer, you may damage the engine more than you have already.

• My oil pump went out on my car and now my engine is knocking. Would it be OK to start it and drive it up on a trailer?