Q: My oil pump went out on my car and now my engine is knocking. Would it be OK to start it and drive it up on a trailer?

My oil pump went out on my car and now my engine is knocking. Would it be OK to start it and drive it up on a trailer?

Even starting the engine with no oil pump or no oil pressure can damage the internal bearings, crankshaft, and camshafts. When you put it under a load like trying to get it on a trailer, you may damage the engine more than you have already.

3. My oil pump went out on my car and now my engine is knocking. Would it be OK to start it and drive it up on a trailer?