Q: I have the Epc light on, took my car for major service and the mechanic replaced the high pressure fuel pump and lastly told me th

epc light come on and off just before my major service, during my major service fuel pump was replaced as well , and told my ecu is damaged by water. my car does not have enough power and produce blue smoke when I accelerate.

Hi there. The EPC stands for Electronic Power Control. This light comes on when there is a problem with the engine. In some vehicles, the EPC limits the amount of throttle that can be used so that the engine is not damaged; which is possibly why your car does not have power. However, depending on what water damage may have occurred, it is possible that there are serious issues that are causing this to occur. Since replacing an ECU is an expensive repair, it would be a good idea to get a second opinion and have a professional mobile mechanic complete a service light inspection. This will allow them to determine why the EPC light is coming on and whether the ECU is at fault.

3. I have the Epc light on, took my car for major service and the mechanic replaced the high pressure fuel pump and lastly told me th